Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tee Time


There is no tea involved with these tees. I have to admit this cake was purely for fun, as is my golf game because there is no chance I have another career on the tour. I picked up a new cake pan, and like most kids who get a new toy, I couldn't resist. I baked a butter fudge cake and then waited a week until I had time, to decorate it, then voila. There are lots of variations you can do on this cake. It can match bag and club colors and it is fun for any golfer. It is a unique birthday cake, or hole in one celebration cake.

This cake made it all the way to one of our local golf courses, and the patrons and golf club house staff (and owners) dissected it. There was not much said, but it appears as if I hit a long straight drive off the tee and was lined up perfectly for a birdie on this one.

No comments: