Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lordy Lordy Look who's 40?!?!



I admit as a child my parents had a blast going through the newspaper looking at all the photos of those who had turned 40. As a child that seemed like a huge milestone that very few people lived to see. Now I am getting ready to venture to that milestone and I don't see anything remarkable about it. I am thinking 80 is closer to the top of the hill and that 40 is just starting the climb...but what do I know I am still a young'un.

I say all this to build up this incredible cake to celebrate, not a 40th birthday but the passing of a man's youth. Not any man, a youth pastor. No, I do not have a death wish doing such a cake, I just a have a really warped sense of humor and the inability to say no to the very kind person who asked me to do the cake.

I must say I have never used the tombstone cake at Halloween. Usually it is used for Birthdays or other such important celebrations. The cake comes complete with cracks, spiders, spiderwebs and of course black roses. Fortunately the recipient came complete with a sense of humor and appetite (I am told the butter fudge cake went over well).

No comments: