Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby Blue Squares

As I have said not long ago in this blog there is something about doing a baby cake. So when a very nice lady I work with called to say she wanted a cake for a baby shower I was all for it, however the next step made me hesitate. I must say this cake is one that causes confusion. I was asked to do cake squares for a baby shower. In the past, or the world I grew up in, cake squares meant actual squares of cake that were iced on all sides. They are bite size and take an enormous amount of time to create. However this is not what they wanted. Here cake squares are a large sheet cake divided, with icing, into squares of cake. Each square gets a special decoration. This cake was for a baby boy and needed baby type decorations. So I alternated the squares with baby bottles, rattles, and baby booties. The cake was a butter golden cake and it was divided into 42 squares. The party was for 30-40 people so the cake should have been just right. We understand it was a big hit and very little was left. We hope the boy to be also enjoyed the cake.

No comments: