Sunday, September 18, 2011

Testing a New Image

I love toys. I especially love toys that involve technology. A couple of years ago for Christmas my mother gave me my own edible image printing system. Problem is I have not had a place to set it up until recently. When I received an order that would require me to use the new system I made it a priority to get it set up and try it out.


However not only it was it an edible image cake order, it was an edible image cake order for an ice cream cake. Not sure if there would be a temperature issue with the edible image paper I decided I needed to test out the system and test it on an ice cream cake. So I used an image from our fair to print out and purchased an ice cream cake from our local Dairy Queen. I did learn an important lesson and that is that edible paper does crack. So as not to crack the image it is important to carefully get it away from the backing and then cut it down. After placing it on the cake I decorated the edges to make sure it would be a seamless transition between image and background.


Of course I needed someone to test this on to make sure it was not a funky taste or texture between cake and image so I took the cake to the office. My co-workers seemed pretty happy to try it out and give me their opinions. After rave reviews on the cake I had to ask about the image and decorating. They each asked, "You mean the cake didn't come that way?" That was good enough for me that the image had melted into the top of the cake making a seamless decoration for others and new toy, I mean tool, for me.

No comments: