Monday, November 7, 2011

Who Doesn't Want a Car at 16?

We have someone at our office who is fairly new and extremely important. Keith is our custodian who takes care of our building and us. You could not meet a kinder, genteeler, more humble man anywhere. He often tells us how much he appreciates us and we appreciate him. So when he came to ask me a favor it was a no brainer to say yes.



His daughter's 16th birthday was coming up and he was wondering if I could do some sort of cake for her. She likes sports cars and you can tell by the sparkle in his eye that she is the light of his life. So I came up with something out of the ordinary. I made a 3-D car, which is usually a beatle but this one was decorated in a sporty manner. I asked about her favorite colors and he said blue and black and not a blue like tar heel blue. So I went to work. Of course I had to add a little something special just for her and put her initials on the front license plate of the car. Apparently she was so excited at dinner she let her family eat all of the car except the very front end with her initials on the license plate. He was pleased as punch that she liked her special cake and I know she had a great time at a special family dinner with her dad.

No comments: