Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Special Birthday Delivery

  According to my Daddy the perfect birthday cake was round, chocolate, two layers, with white icing and yellow roses.  To that end all traditional birthday cakes that I make tend to look like that, although I can't say I ever made one like that for my dad.  So when my cousin's bridal shower (see previous post) and my Daddy's Aunt Betta's birthday fell in the same week I could not help but bake an extra cake to celebrate.    This was her 97th birthday, so I made a butter cake (because not everyone loves chocolate, go figure).  When it came time to decorate all I knew was that I was to include flowers.  So in a moment of chanelling Daddy the cake had yellow roses.
  We presented the cake to Aunt Betta at the bridal shower (with the bride to be's blessing).  She seemed tickled with it and I promised something bigger and better for next year, thinking as we get close to 100 we need to get bigger and better.  Happy Birthday Aunt Betta.

No comments: