Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Holidays and Let In Snow Dipped in One


Each year I like to do a little something for the people I work with. Usually it is a cute ornament or cute Christmasy container of candy. This year I needed to do something different. So I decided to try an experiment. Marshmallow dipped snowmen. Basically I took three jumbo marshmallows and threaded them on a lollipop stick. dipped them in a white candy melt and decorated with black gel. Since the gel never hardens I will probably not do that again. I topped the snowman with a regular Oreo then half of a marshmallow. Voila, a yummy and cute snowman.

The snowman was placed in a small glass vase filled with Christmas candy (red and green m&M's, ribbon candy, hard candy) and was balanced with a traditional candy cane. The snowmen were very sweet and would make an excellent desert or hot chocolate stirrer. As does the candy cane, and while drinking hot chocolate there is a sweet treat to eat with it.

No comments: