Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ho Ho Holidays!

It wasn't just two days ago when a customer asked me if I had a bunch of orders for Christmas and I had to admit that I did not have a one.  Then just a few hours later I had a request for a Christmas cake of my choosing for an office Christmas celebration.  I love when people give me the choice because it just so happens, not long ago, I saw a cake design that I really wanted to try.
I used my paisley cake pan to create this Santa Clause.  I baked a double batch of my butter cake batter to make the cake and then went to work decorating.  The nice thing is that color wise it is simple.  Three colors and white icing to decorate the entire thing and there is not a lot of detail work until you get to the white icing with a rather large tip.  Then it was a case of making sure Santa had all the mustache, and beard detail that the spry old gent should have in all of our imaginations.  When I got done the cake had help give me a little more holiday spirit and I hope that those who had the opportunity to partake in the cake enjoyed it and got a little of the holiday spirit as well.

No comments: