Monday, December 5, 2011

Monkey'ing Around S'More

Yes, I am one of those people who has reciepes sent to them on line. On any given day, if I have a second I will read through to see if there is anything interesting. This reciepe was not only eye catching it made me open it, click on a link, read, re-read, print, read again and then share. So you know that this reciepe had to have been more than an eye catcher. As a matter of fact, after work I went to the grocery store and picked up all the ingredients so I could make it tonight.
S'More Monkey Bread was the title of the reciepe, which to me has some of my favorite things, choclate and marshmallows. That alone was enough for me to try it but when I read the steps I had to go ahead and give it a shot. Long reciepe short; you quarter the biscuits in four cans of large biscuits, stick them in a zip bag with sugar and graham cracker crumbs and proceed to shake like shake and bake. Then you layer the biscuit quarters in a tube pan with chocolate chips and marshmallows. When you get done you take a melted concoction of butter, vanilla and marshmallow creme and pour it over the top. The entire pan goes in the oven and bakes for 35 minutes. One word of warning marshmallow expands when heated so you need to be prepared for run over. When it comes out you let it cool for a few minutes in the pan and then turn it upside down on a plate. The first words said when the finished product was served was, "holy moly that's a lot of something." Mind you it is ooey and gooey but delightfully warm and wonderful as you tear off chucks of this sweet goodness. Best served when hot and if you are looking to dress it up think about drizzling hot carmel or choclate sauce across it, or using them as dipping sauces for those with strong sweet tooths.

No comments: