Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ring In the New Year with Chocolate


Everyone has little traditions that they repeat during the holidays. I have started a couple of them for New Year's Eve myself. One involves my inflatable bed in the living room so I can spend the last night of the year ( and the last night my Christmas trees will be up) enjoying the ornaments and twinkling lights for one last night. My other tradition of course involves champagne which can be very dry, and chocolate. Not mixed together mind you, but at the same time.
Actually several years ago I received a Hershey's kiss fondue pot as a gift. So each year I melt down some semi sweet chocolate chips, sugar, light cream and vanilla to make a chocolate fondue. With it I had some jet puffed marshmallows, pound cake, bananas, and strawberries. Of course the sweet of the chocolate and dipped items offset the champagne just right and made it the perfect treat to ring in the new year.
Happy New Year to all of you! I hope 2012 brings you prosperity and health, and if you feel like celebrating feel free to shoot me an e-mail so I can create a cake to add to your celebration.

No comments: