Sunday, November 29, 2009

Saying Thanks for the Oreos and Cheesecake.


I must admit I like to bake. I bake lots of things not just cakes (or at least decorated cakes). This year for Thanksgiving my mother and I had the privilege to share a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with another family who are friends of my mothers. To make sure we kept up our end, mom wanted to invite everyone to her house for dessert. First request from my mom, an Oreo cheesecake.

For those who like cheesecake it is great. For those who like Oreos, it is a great way to get non-cheesecake eaters to try cheesecake. For those who like both...this is heaven. However, it takes an hour to bake and overnight in the refrigerator before serving so I made this two days before Thanksgiving (knowing after driving I would not want to stay up and try to mix and bake this). I must also admit that the recipe calls for regular Oreos but I use double stuffs and I add a few more than the recipe calls for to make sure it is chalk full of the good stuff.

The cheesecake transported really well. I must admit it seemed to make our special guest pretty happy too. We had enough left over for a family gathering a night or two later and seemed to put a lot of smiles on faces. So I am thinking it kept fairly well.

Oreo is not the only cheesecake I make. There is also strawberry (second highest seller) and a chocolate chocolate Oreo cheesecake. Not to mention the regular cheesecake, Bailey's cheesecake, chocolate chip and chocolate chocolate chip cakes. If you can come up with a flavor...I will see what I can do about making it for you.

No comments: