Friday, October 28, 2011

Lighting Up the Holiday

Halloween means many things to many people. For me Halloween always meant Jack-O-Lanterns, Trick-or-Treating, and just plain old fashioned fun. That's probably why this cake was so much fun for me. As you can see with so many cakes due right before Halloween this year I did not get a chance to get messy and carve a pumpkin for myself, and there are not any Trick-or Treaters in my neighborhood so I had to celebrate through cakes this year.


Our 4-H specialized committee had asked to have lunch with some of our youth to meet them and learn more about what we do in 4-H and better be able to see the difference we are making in our community. As part of the lunch I decided we needed cake. So I decided to make two. This one was a Jack-O-Lantern cake made from my butter cake recipe. I made him a cheery sort of fellow, not menacing and hoped that he would light up the holidays. He seemed to do the trick as he did not last long at our office. Happy Halloween to all.

No comments: